Next Steps for the Expanded metaBUS Team
- Niels Van Quaquebeke (Germany) is leading development of cloud-based tools for flexible, versioned classification structures, which are key to being able to effectively curate science findings across all of the social sciences and humanities.
- With Frank Bosco, Fred Oswald (U.S.) is working with various open science repositories to streamline the ingestion of new primary study findings and data into the metaBUS synthesis tools from the extant corpus of curated journals.
- Wolfgang Viechtbauer (Netherlands) is leading software coding and optimization of the metafor package in R statistics to accommodate ‘big data’ from metaBUS.
- Ron Humphrey (U.K.) is leading metadata design and curation of quantitative data from the European journal corpus.
- John Amis (U.K.) is leading the inclusion of qualitative data for location of findings and potential integration through meta-synthesis with development of new data curation protocols.
- Krista Uggerslev and Piers Steel (Canada) are building functionality to allow users to incorporate their own data for integration with the metaBUS software along with data translated from other languages and grey literature, which will enable users to generate comprehensive systematic reviews.
- Osmar Zaiane (Canada) is leading development of a machine learning protocol to facilitate quicker data curation for ingestion of primary studies into the dataset.